- Strong evidence: Joint banking account, term life insurance, wills, joint leases, joint resources
- Moderate proof: Joint travel itineraries, split utilities, texts, phone logs
- Weaker proof: Cards, affidavits from friends/family, solitary travel itineraries, seats to programs
With Boundless, you’ll recognize which documents you’ll need and will have them altogether firmly online. Today learn more, or get started!
Answering Concerns at Your Meeting
The green card meeting is the next chance for you to definitely establish that the wedding is authentic. Nonetheless it’s arranged differently for virtually any few, dependent on in which the partner seeking a card that is green lives:
- If the partner looking for a green card everyday lives abroad, they’re going to go to their meeting at a U.S. embassy or consulate in their property nation — without having the sponsoring partner. a consular officer will conduct the meeting.
- In the event that spouse searching for a card that is green in the usa, they’ll go to their meeting at their regional USCIS field workplace — utilizing the sponsoring partner. A USCIS officer will conduct the meeting.
Some USCIS officers interview couples together, whereas others might interview them separately. Usually, although not constantly, questioning the few individually is an indication that the USCIS officer suspects wedding fraudulence.
Concerns you may anticipate
They would expect married couples to be able to answer easily whether you’re interviewed separately or together, the interviewing officer will ask questions. They frequently focus on not at all hard, predictable questions about where you met and exactly how your relationship started, but officers have actually significant freedom within the questions they could ask.
Don’t be surprised, either, in the event the meeting gets personal. You may be expected:
- Whether you utilize contraception and, in that case, the type?
- Whether your better half has tattoos or birthmarks and what they appear to be
- What forms of marital problems you’ve skilled and exactly how you overcame them
- Whom rests on which region of the sleep?
For a far more step-by-step set of the most typical meeting concerns, along with helpful meeting tips, check always down our guide to finding your way through the marriage green card meeting.
Boundless remains to you until the final line, assisting you keep an eye on meeting planning, follow-on kinds, and each other crucial milestone on the way. Prepared to begin?
Some partners looking for a green card do n’t have a U.S. Social protection quantity (SSN). This is the situation whenever, for instance, they initially joined the usa on a short-term, non-employment-based visa then married a U.S. resident or green card owner.
To show the authenticity of a married relationship in this example, the few could give you the after (instead of documents that will require an SSN to have):
- Papers of travel together (such as for example routes showing you had been from the flight that is same resort reservations showing both of one’s names)
- Photos of this few together
- Individual affidavits (penned statements) — plus copies of these valid picture IDs — from buddies and household attesting for their familiarity with your wedding
With Boundless, you waplog.review/swingtowns-review can get a completely independent immigration lawyer whom answers your private concerns and reviews your entire green card application — for no fee that is additional. Let’s start!
Initial copies of:
- Wedding pictures, such as for example during the courthouse and celebrating with household
- Photos from events, occasions, and trips (as a couple of along with relatives and buddies) s panning the program of the relationship and during major life activities
- Letters, email messages, or cards you provided for one another
- Receipts for just about any gift suggestions (such as for example candy, plants, or precious precious jewelry, perhaps perhaps maybe not household that is everyday, particularly food) you bought for every other (receipts or invoices detailing one partner since the “bill to” name therefore the other partner given that “ship to” or “recipient” title are specifically helpful)